5GHz Rocket AC, PRISM Gen2
5GHz Rocket AC, PRISM Gen2
35 in stock
- Reviews (0)
Ubiquiti Networks R5AC-PRISM Overview
Operating on the 5 GHz frequency, the Rocket 5 GHz airMAX ac BaseStation with airPrism Technology from Ubiquiti Networks is designed to work with a variety of network antennas offering enhanced signal distance and improved coverage. This high performance BaseStation is designed to be the backbone of point-to-point or point-to-multipoint link within high RF noise environments. Ubiquiti Networks has implemented its own airView technology to identify the noise signatures creating the possible interference, analyze the links, and make the necessary changes to reduce network disruption.
This technologically advanced BaseStation features a EMI-shielded metal housing to protect against electromagnetic interference and comes equipped with a single Gigabit Ethernet port. Installation has been simplified thanks to integrated passive PoE technology eliminating the need for a separate power source.
- 5 GHz Coverage
- Deploy the Rocket 5ac Prism anywhere in the world. It delivers complete coverage of the 5 GHz spectrum with a single radio. The Rocket 5ac Prism allows for flexibility in configuring channel bandwidths (subject to local country regulations).
- airOS 7
- Powerful Wireless Feature
• airMAX ac Protocol Support
• Long-Range PtP Link Mode
• Selectable Channel Width
• PtP: 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz
• PtMP: 10/20/30/40 MHz
• Automatic Channel Selection
• TX Power Control: Auto/Manual
• Automatic Distance Selection (ACK Timing)
• Strongest WPA2 SecurityUsability Enhancements
• Dynamic Configuration Changes
• Instant Input Validation
• HTML5 Technology
• Optimization for Mobile Devices
• Detailed Device Statistics
• Diagnostic Tools, including Ethernet Cabling Test, RF Diagnostics, and airView Spectrum Analyzer
- Advanced RF Analytics
- airMAX ac devices feature a multi‑radio architecture to power an enhanced RF analytics engine. An independent processor on the PCBA powers a second, dedicated radio, which persistently analyzes the full 5 GHz spectrum and every received symbol to provide you with advanced RF analytics in the industry. Data from the spectrum analysis and RF performance monitoring is displayed on the Main tab and airView Spectrum Analyzer.
- Real-Time Reporting
- • Persistent RF Error Vector Magnitude (EVM) constellation diagrams
• Carrier to Interference-plus-Noise Ratio (CINR) histograms
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) time series plots
- Spectral Analysis
- airView allows you to identify noise signatures and plan your networks to minimize noise interference.
airView performs the following functions:
• Constantly monitors environmental noise
• Collects energy data points in real‑time spectral views
• Helps optimize channel selection, network design, and wireless performance
airView runs in the background without disabling the wireless link, so there is no disruption to the network. In airView, there are three spectral views, each of which represents different data.
• Waterfall Aggregate energy collected for each frequency
• Waveform Aggregate energy collected
• Ambient Noise Level Background noise energy shown as a function of frequency
airView provides powerful spectrum analyzer functionality, eliminating the need to rent or purchase additional equipment for conducting site surveys.
- airMAX ac
- Unlike standard Wi-Fi protocol, Ubiquiti’s Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX ac protocol allows each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller. This time slot method eliminates hidden node collisions and maximizes airtime efficiency, so airMAX ac technology provides performance improvements in latency, noise immunity, scalability, and throughput compared to other outdoor systems in its class.
Intelligent QoS Priority assigned to voice/video for seamless streaming
Scalability High capacity and scalability
Long Distance Capable of high‑speed, carrier-class links
- Enhanced Performance
- The next-generation airMAX ac technology boosts the advantages of the proprietary TDMA protocol. Ubiquiti’s airMAX engine with custom IC improves TDMA latency and network scalability. The custom silicon provides hardware acceleration capabilities to the airMAX scheduler, to support the high data rates and dense modulation used in airMAX ac technology.
- Throughput Breakthrough
- airMAX ac supports high data rates, which require dense modulation: 256QAM – an increase from 64QAM, which is used in airMAX. With their use of proprietary airMAX ac technology, airMAX ac products support up to 500+ Mbps (maximum 80 MHz channel width) real TCP/IP throughput – up to triple the throughput of standard airMAX products.
- Improves SNR
- High data rates require a high Signal‑to‑Noise Ratio (SNR), which is challenging to achieve, especially in noisy, high‑density areas. Integrated into Ubiquiti’s custom silicon, airPrism technology creates a high SNR by isolating signals within the operating channel and rejecting interference using specialized circuitry, the High‑Selectivity Receiver (HSR).
- Removes Interference
- Theoretically APs operate on different channels; however, because of the wider channel bandwidths, there can be overlap in spectrum usage. airPrism technology removes up to an additional 30+ dB of adjacent channel interference through the active filtering design, so an airMAX ac AP with airPrism technology can provide significantly greater performance than a typical AP.
- Facilitates AP Co-Location
- A WISP (wireless Internet service provider) may have limited tower space, so it must co‑locate all APs within that allotted footprint. Shielding and other means can lessen interference but may be impractical. By deploying airMAX ac APs with airPrism technology, you can co‑locate APs and enhance the overall performance of your wireless network.
rocket 5ac PRISM
- 5 GHz Frequency Band
- With plenty of available spectrum, this unlicensed band works well for long distance links. The Rocket5ac Prism features full-band 5 GHz coverage and maximizes output power for the US market, meeting strict OOBE requirements.
- Use the real-time spectrum analyzer so you can identify noise signatures and design your wireless links to minimize noise interference.
- High Performance
- To take full advantage of its design and capabilities, deploy the Rocket5ac Prism for PtP or PtMP links in high RF noise environments.
- airPrism Sector Antenna
- You can mount three Rocket5ac Prism radios on the airPrism 5 GHz 3×30° HD Sector Antenna, model AP-5AC-90-HD, for PtMP links. Each Rocket radio corresponds with a specific 30° beamwidth and independently transmits and receives.
- EMI-Shielded Metal Housing
- Helps protect the Rocket5ac Prism against electromagnetic interference.
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Delivers high throughput over its wired connection.
- Passive Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- 24V Passive PoE functionality is included. Both power and data are carried over a single Ethernet cable to the Rocket ac. Use the included PoE Adapter or an optional PoE switch.
- Plug-and-lay Integration
- Every airMAX antenna has a built-in Rocket mount, so no tools are needed to install the Rocket5ac Prism.
Ubiquiti Networks R5AC-PRISM Specs
|Enclosure Characteristics||Die-cast aluminum with white powder coating|
|Processor||Atheros MIPS 74Kc, 720 MHz|
|Memory||RAM: 128 MB DDR2 SDRAM|
Flash: 16 MB NOR
|Networking Interface||1 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet port|
|RF Connections||2 x RP-SMA (Waterproof )|
1 x GPS (Waterproof )
4 x Signal Strength
|Max Power Consumption||8.5 W|
|Power Supply||24 V, 0.5 A Gigabit PoE adapter|
|Power Method||Passive PoE (Pairs 4, 5+; 7, 8 Return)|
|ESD/EMP Protection||± 24 KV Air / Contact|
|Temperature & Humidity||Operating Temperature: -40 to 176°F / -40 to 80°C|
Operating Humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing
|Shock and Vibration||ETSI300-019-1.4|
|Modes||Access Point, station|
|Services||Web Server, SNMP, SSH Server, Telnet , Ping Watchdog, DHCP, NAT, Bridging, Routing|
|Utilities||Antenna Alignment Tool, Discovery Utility, Site Survey, Ping, Traceroute, Speed Test|
|Distance Adjustment||Dynamic Ack and Ackless Mode|
|Power Adjustment Range||Software Adjustable UI or CLI|
|Security||WPA2 AES only|
|QoS (Quality of Service)||Supports Packet Level Classification WMM and User Customer Level: High/Medium/Low|
|Statistical Reporting||Up Time, Packet Errors, Data Rates, Wireless Distance, Ethernet Link Rate|
|Channel Sizes||PtP Mode: 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz|
PtMP Mode: 10/20/30/40 MHz
|Other Specifications||Remote Reset Support, Software Enabled/Disabled, VLAN Support, 256QAM, GPS, TX Filter|
|Wireless Approvals||FCC, IC, CE|
|Operating Frequency||Worldwide: 5150 - 5875 MHz DTS: 5725 - 5850 MHz|
|Output Power||Output Power 27 dBm|
Tx Power Specifications
Data Rate / Avg. Tx / Tolerance
1x BPSK (½) 27 dBm ± 2 dB
2x QPSK (½) 27 dBm ± 2 dB
2x QPSK (¾) 27 dBm ± 2 dB
4x 16QAM (½) 27 dBm ± 2 dB
4x 16QAM (¾) 27 dBm ± 2 dB
6x 64QAM (2/3) 27 dBm ± 2 dB
6x 64QAM (¾) 26 dBm ± 2 dB
6x 64QAM (5/6) 25 dBm ± 2 dB
8x 256QAM (¾) 23 dBm ± 2 dB
8x 256QAM (5/6) 22 dBm ± 2 dB
RX Power Specifications
Data Rate / Sensitivity / Tolerance
1x BPSK (½) -96 dBm ± 2 dB
2x QPSK (½) -95 dBm ± 2 dB
2x QPSK (¾) -92 dBm ± 2 dB
4x 16QAM (½) -90 dBm ± 2 dB
4x 16QAM (¾) -86 dBm ± 2 dB
6x 64QAM (2/3) -83 dBm ± 2 dB
6x 64QAM (¾) -77 dBm ± 2 dB
6x 64QAM (5/6) -74 dBm ± 2 dB
8x 256QAM (¾) -69 dBm ± 2 dB
8x 256QAM (5/6) -65 dBm ± 2 dB
|Dimensions||3.47 x 1.58 x 9.06" / 88 x 40 x 230 mm|
|Weight||14.11 oz / 400 g|
|Package Weight||2.2 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||10.9 x 4.8 x 3.4"|